Thursday, September 26, 2013

A New Label: The Monday Market

.
Six months, no post!  I still keep up with a couple of hundred of you, but there never seems to be anything more to chat about on my end other than what new pillow cover design is on the machine.  My pillow cover clients have been very good to me! 

Today, though, there is something new to tell.  calicodaisy handmade has got a brand new label:  The Monday Market

The calicodaisy handmade label bloomed from my blog name but doesn't really translate out well for items not specifically girly.  When knowingly sewing items meant for guys and pillow covers for boys' bedrooms, I have just sent them out label-less rather than attach a calicodaisy tag. 
.
.
So, a new label to design.  Something friendly for both guys and gals but something meaningful at the same time but nothing that ties my label to a specific product line.  I do love the name game… 

It all started with "M," of course - for Michele, and "Market" had to be involved.  A list was compiled, including Monday.  A thought sparked when mulling over The Monday Market.  Often big announcements are made over a weekend visit with family – an engagement, a new baby … and then mothers and daughters start the planning.  Monday morning, the calls and designing begin.  So, The Monday Market. 
.
.
A specific direction is intended for The Monday Market, but, while the long-term details are still being perfected and the snazzy website designed, the time has come to just get on with things, show off the new label for my custom handmade designs, open the new web shop, and announce ... my new line of lovely personalized manufactured items!  Finally, I'm able to fulfill requests for personalized items that I can't possibly efficiently create myself.  (My hands are tired!)  
.
.
Just this week, a number of items from the new line arrived, and the quality is beyond my expectation.  We are just over the moon excited!  We being … me, all my friends who must listen to me gush, and especially my longtime, dear friend, Leslie, who has totally jumped in as my Creative Advisor/Wisdom Whisperer/FB Post Mistress/& Customer Service Rep and who got her quick game on learning PicMonkey and creating some marvelous albums for The Monday Market FB Page showing off everything that is ready to go!  We've been friends since 1985! and have always dreamed of working together creatively.  Happily, all the stars are aligned and the time is right!  Stay tuned, much more to come!  

1 comment:

Michele said...

Love the new brand! Hope it's a big success for you!