Sunday, November 16, 2008

Habitat For Humanity Fundraiser


My daughter is readying for her second annual Holiday Habitat For Humanity volunteer trip in December. She had such a great experience last year, she couldn't wait for this year's trip to come around again.


We designed a coffee cozy sleeve for commercial/disposable coffee cups with a little house appliqued on it to remind folks of the special project and volunteer trip they are supporting.

If you are interested in supporting her trip, I've listed the coffee sleeve in my calicodaisy etsy shop. The cost is $10.00 for the sleeve - the whole $10.00 going towards the trip - and $2.00 to cover the listing fees and shipping and handling. All the fabric is from my stash. We are hoping to sell just 25 coffee sleeves, and that will cover her entire cost.

We are using this brown with pink polkadot for the girly orders, and I will use a flannel plaid for a more generic look. Please put your choice in the comment section of the etsy form when purchasing.
.
My local Bruegger's Bagel shop gave me a cup to work with. Before the final seam is reinforced and zig-zagged off, I verify the fit and make sure the sleeve pulls right up to a comfortable level.

Thanks for your support again. I know we received 100% support for her trip from friends and family last year when she went. We didn't want to ask again for donations, though, and it is just too hard for my daughter to work and save for the trip herself while going to school and staying involved in church youth group and mock trial. This is a project we can do together and will always remember. It's simple, to the point, and useful, too.

2 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

That's such a wonderful cause, and such a practical gift! Great combination!

Anonymous said...

aloha Michele, thanks for dropping by. Your food pics look yummy. beth told me she bought some coffee sleeves from you and I may get one. Yeah! I will twist her arm, she raves about hers.
I will soon be off to big H.
aloha Lilla