Friday, April 27, 2012

Fresh

.
Fresh, client-driven designs are showing up in the calicodaisy studio and shop.  Recently, I read the color green is in this season, and, sure enough, two client requests came in for fresh greens this month.  One set of monogrammed lumbar pillow covers bound and embroidered in a lovely shade of grass green shipped out for two little boys' shared room.  Their stylish mom wanted this Garden font "as big as you can fit."  Looks just great.  You can find a listing here:  Large Font Monogrammed Lumbar Pillow Cover.      
.
.
While pinning earlier today, I noted fabulous leather foldover clutches, $158.00.  I thought, of course, "I can make those (in cotton and home-dec fabrics) and monogram them for far less than $158."  Here is my prototype mockup edited out on PicMonkey.  So sad Picnik is gone now.  I understand it went over to Google+, but I don't know enough about G+ to follow yet.  PicMonkey is very similar to Picnik, so I'm can edit, thank goodness, and I like the fonts offered. 

Anyway, monogrammed, design-your-own foldover clutches at calicodaisy etsy.  I haven't made one yet, and I'm hoping the mockup graphic will spark a clever girl's imagination to make the first sale so I don't have to make a sample bag.  Time is so precious right now that everything sewn must have a purpose!  Wouldn't these be great for a bridesmaid gift pack? 

No comments: