Saturday, June 30, 2012

Plump It Up!

.
Though the calicodaisy online shop is on a month's hiatus, the work still goes on.  (Orders taken through e-mail.)  Only sometimes I bemoan the fact that the workroom is in the "basement" with no windows, but as it is 107 degrees right now in South Carolina, no problem.  Nice, cool, cinder block walls.  What was a lush, green, velvety lawn that my husband keeps for us just a couple of weeks ago is half parched right now.  Even the dogwood tree has drawn up its leaves against the heat!  


.
Out of the workroom, though, some lovelies have shipped out to new homes.  Requests for larger and larger fonts sizes come in, and I think I'll be running out of hoop space soon!  Goodness, I don't need to be tempted to look at a machine with bigger hoop size, but my mind wanders down that path more and more.  
.
.
Meanwhile, I have been honing my design skills and have learned more and more about creating lovely fonts at nearly any size.  It is very tedious.  There is still so much I don't know, but several colleagues have been willing to share skills in the last few months that have moved me forward leaps and bounds.  I'm so grateful!  
.
.
On the subject of lovelies, we happen to be watching the US Olympic Men's Gymnastic Team trials.  Okay, the guys aren't lovelies, but they are beautiful and magnificent.  The digital photography is so sharp and focused, it just brings out the mightiness of a body that has that much strength.  Most of the routines makes me nervous to watch, but the rings event is just mesmerizing.  
.
.
As the late afternoon sun begins to warm up the sitting room, I feel ready to head to my cool studio and plump out a few more pillow covers.  Hoping for a good chick flick or HP movie to keep me company!  Stay cool.  Drink lots of Diet Coke -- uh, water!, and give this Talenti gelato ice cream a try (lots of great flavors).  Fantastic!  My faves are the mint chocolate chip and the coffee chip.  The screw top containers are excellent for reuse, so more than one reason to give in!  

No comments: