Monday, July 13, 2009

Rainy Monday, Summer Colds

creative mess

Our home was shut down with big colds through the weekend. Our son must have brought back a new bug from Germany. He ended up with bronchitis and breathing treatments on Friday, then my daughter started with the tell-tale hacking cough, and then I felt like I was in a cloud on Saturday. I knew my husband was going to get crazy worrying about catching it, as he has neck surgery next week and is trying to stay clear of us!

It's a rainy Monday here, which is good because I have plans to disinfect the place, dust, change sheets, vacuum ... and I won't be too tempted to go outside.

creative mess 2

Emily invited me to be part of a Creative Clutter group on Flickr. Boy, do I have clutter! My sewing room has never shaped up, and my beautiful studio is quited bogged down in "stuff." I thought all that might scare folks, so I'm showing a bit of the mess I've made preparing for a swap Stephanie invited me to do a few months ago. This is the week to mail, and I have just a few finishing touches left. I love the colors in that Christmas fabric group above. I bought as much as I could afford last holiday season.

Ruffled Bloomers / Diaper Cover

So, it turns out, only I was in a frenzy about creating the calicodaisy facebook fan page. Michelle responded to my post but doesn't facebook, Barb warned me to be careful, and Kristie facebooks and became a fan of my page. So, Kristie wins the giveaway prize. I really prefer blogging. We can make the pages look like we want, and FB isn't really built for that -- well, I don't think it is. However, as I hope to make my studio services my full-time business, I'm trying to learn as much as I can about marketing across the social networks!

Have you tried the editing option on Flickr yet? It takes you to Picnic, and I have been cropping photos there this past week. I added text to the bloomers photo above. Oh, the possibilities! You should try it this week. I'm thinking about creating a new blog banner.

4 comments:

kristie said...

woohoo, i won! i never win anything so this is a nice surprise. i think i'll take the pillow cover as none of my fur kids would like the onesie, lol.

i must say, your picture taking has improved by leaps and bounds! all of your pictures are so nice and crisp and clear. are you using that editing tool on all of them??

Abby and Stephanie said...

LOVE the colors of your clutter. :o) Someone is going to love their swap package. Isn't picnik great?

Wishing you a healthy household.

Nanette Merrill said...

Get better! Nothing worse than summer colds. Fun stuff here.

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm so sorry everyone's sick!