Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas At The Chisholms


.
Welcome!  The Chisholms are ready for the holidays now.  The decorations are up.  We have a beautiful tree.  Goodies are being put together, and packages prepared for friends.  Even though it didn't feel like I was on top of our family and friends preparations, I guess I have been stockpiling and preparing all along.  After the last order was sent out on Friday, everything came together pretty quick around here. 
.

.
This arrived in the mail on Thursday.  It's my Turning 20 quilt all quilted up!  Originally, I just wanted the stipple effect, but Margaret at Q4 has been honing her skills and wanted to try some feather and swirls (I think).  I gave her carte blanche and said go with it!  I plan to bind it as soon as I can!  However, my daughter absconded the unfinished quilt nearly immediately and snuggled under it all night.  After she went to bed, I folded it right up and put it away. 


.
See how pretty my foyer scape is?  It's all about Gai and the tablerunner and other treats she sent when we participated in a Christmas in July swap this summer.  She embroidered and quilted a tablerunner, and she embroidered the sweet little doorhanger you see on the closet handle.  Perfect! 
.


Look a little closer, and you can see my brothers and me one Christmas way back in the 1970s! 


.
Today I'm off with my visiting father for a little shopping and drop-ins at friends.  Then more squirreling away in the studio still putting together my gifts for husband and children, which I think are coming along well.  I'm hoping for a little downtime over the weekend to catch up on the 1000+ blog posts on my Reader to see what I have missed these busy weeks. 

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Peaceful and Happy Holiday! 

6 comments:

Lyn said...

Merry Christmas to you too!
Your home looks ready for the festive season.
Love
Lyn
xxx

Doris said...

Isn't it wonderful when it all comes together?! I just got my quilt back from Margaret this week as well... she does a great job!

greetingarts said...

Merry Christmas, Michele! Your halls are all decked and you're ready for the celebrating. Have a wonderful time with your family.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Have a wonderful Holiday! Hugs, Jane

Chris Worthy said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! I am so glad to know you!

Libby Buttons said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh! LoVe that QuILt!
LiBBy BuTTons