Wednesday, October 14, 2009

a lttle piggy dropped by ...

.
... and left me with the flu!! Let me tell you, it is HORRIBLE! I have a very high tolerance for pain and discomfort, so when I say it is horrible, trust me. Every joint aches. Intestines ache. The inside of my elbows ache, my clavicles. And, it whacked me with a head cold and cough, too. Chills and shakes. My friends are docs and nurses, and, unless you're dehydrating, you just have to get through it (disclaimer: call your doctor). Alternate Tylenol and Advil, Sudafed, cough syrup, and lots of fluids. I'm such a cougher, I have to sleep in the easy chair.
.
.
I started a new assignment yesterday, which was when things began to go from bad to worse. I didn't want to call out today, as they don't know me well. I woke up at 6:00 AM, felt better, went to work until 3, and from the time I got into the car, all the way home, I went downhill again, and here I sit in the easy chair bundled up with the cat on my feet. I have so many more important things to do, but not tonight.
.
Before falling prey to this, I made paisley i-pod cozies and those darling owl pretties for your little one's hair or for your lapel. The owls are created on my embroidery machine, and one can put a pinback, ponytail holders, or hair clips on the back. Your choice!

10 comments:

jacquie said...

oooh no! take care of yourself. hope you are better soon!!

greetingarts said...

Oh, you poor thing! I've felt something coming on for two days now, just trying to stave it off with tea, honey, lemon, Zicam, fruits, soup, and hoping it isn't anything worse than a little cold...!

Take good care, hope your cat gives you some healing vibes.

Joanne said...

Oh how awful.
Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon.
The i-pod cozies look fantastic.

Joanne x

Abby and Stephanie said...

Take care of yourself. Lots of nasty bugs out there the season already!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh you poor thing, time for movies and lots of fluids, hope you feel better soon.......

Lilla said...

Hi Michelle,
I am with Beth and we went to Quilt festival.
Not as good this year she said. Lots of fave vendors were absent.
I did not see anything new.
but try next year. I will be teaching.
aloha Lilla

CitricSugar said...

Wishing you a quick and efficient immune boost!

And the owls are so cute I can't come up with a word to describe how I feel about them.

Paula said...

Oh dear! Hope that darn old swine goes away soon!
Your owls are really cute. Reminds me of some piggie cell phone holders that I made my girls a few years ago.
Feel better!

Chris Worthy said...

I hope you are feeling better!!! Don't overdo it.

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

love those owls! can you make some as coasters for me?