Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Fresh Look...

See my pretty new banner! I wanted to freshen up with something personal, but I have no idea how to make a banner of my own. So, I decided to "etsy" the word "banner" and see who did what. I found the lovely Renee of Thompson Designs. She has very affordable premade banners. Just pick one of her available designs, and she will make you pretty! See how she put the little daisy burst as the dot on my "i" in the word daisy. Perfect, don't you think? If you go by Renee's shop, tell her I sent you. Oh, yes, I have an avatar, too. I will have to figure out how to do that next. Pink Chalk Studio had a tutorial on that a while ago, and so did GreetingArts. I'll have a go at that later. One new computer adventure a day might be all I can swing. Well, I have a new banner, so I had to have a new template. That was hard to choose, as the only choices I have right now are blogger's options. This isn't my favorite template, since I'm more of a pink and green girl, but I think it was the best match. I like how the banner runs off the posting edge and into the texture on the sides. I need to work out nicer font and label colors, too.

I actually found two really nice and affordable banner designers, and since both were so helpful to me, I ordered one from each. You know, more is more! So, now I can dress my blog according to my mood. I understand one can purchase seasonal banners, too. I am definitely up for that. It's easier than decorating the house, and the clean up is a snap!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I love your new banner. Think I'll check out your resources. I could use some spring cleaning on my blog banner.

Erna said...

That banner is gorgeous! So is the new look of your site :) Real fresh and ready for spring!!

I saw you put my blog by 'inspiring blogs' that's sooo sweet of you! I think it'll bring many visitors my way because I found out only today there were lots of americans stopping by at my place...

Love the colours of the flossy teacakes blog... she was already on my fave-list!

Did you start already sewing from the tilda book? me not yet...

xx

Unknown said...

Michele, what a great new banner! It is so cheerful and pretty! How fun to have two so you can use the one that suits you that day!

Chris Worthy said...

It's beautiful! I love the colors. I have had the same banner since I started my blog last summer. Maybe it's time for an update. :)