Thursday, March 5, 2009

Call Of The Wild

Call Of The Wild

Today I found a great deal on some beautiful animal skin fabric - giraffe and zebra -- and I bought as many yards as I could afford to put in the calicodaisy shop. I don't normally go for the animal prints, but a friend of mine has me all excited about a specific project she's come up with. Thus, I was on the "hunt"!

Call of the Wild 2
.

These fabrics are very smooth with a tight thread count for a high-end look. The black and white colors are nice and bright for a great contrast. I'm going to pair the zebra one up with some hot pink and green fabric, and I bought some zebra print ribbon for accenting as well.
.

leopard

I also have some leopard print, too, though not in my shop. I can get more, though, as I saw that print still at the fabric shop today. Just let me know. You can see it on the mouse-head applique above and on the covered buttons.

4 comments:

jacquie said...

those are WILD! you're going to have fun with them.

babies said...

i like the zebra one! i would make some friendly animals out of lepoard- or tiger-patterned fabirc...a ferocious rabbit or mouse.

what is your friend making?

The Blonde Duck said...

I love leopard!

jennyflowerblue said...

Cool prints! I'm sorry to boter you but wondered if there was any sign yet of your mug swap package as I'm trying to tie up the loose ends? Thanks xx