Saturday, November 7, 2009

Monogram Swapping

Monogram Swap Set frame
.
A few months ago, I found a whole new world of bloggers. These aren't necessarily crafty bloggers, but the ladies are loads of fun to read. Some of them take me back to my college and early career days! What to wear, who to date, where to go, shopping, wedding plans, home dec, kids ... One gal of Jewish Girl in WASP'S Clothing is quite fun to follow. She lives in NYC and journals her escapades and shopping finds. She sponsored a Monogram Swap. Now, there's something I can participate in!
.
My swap partner is a teacher in Tennessee. She is crazy for all things monogrammed, pink, and polkadots, so it wasn't too hard to know what to send. She noticed the embroidered sorority pillow covers I had just sent out and let me know her sorority is Kappa Kappa Gamma.
.

.
My surprise was this pretty mirrored compact. Perfect for me, as I always like to make sure the lips are covered nicely. Great color combination, too.

Sorority Monogrammed Pillow
.
It was nice to work on this wool blend suiting. I bought a number of different plaids and have been anxious to make scarves, bags, and pillow covers with it.
.
Monogrammed Scarf
.
I have a few of these ready-made scarves to go in my calicodaisy etsy shop, 1 more brown and 2 red, and plan to pick up more. A great price for a ready-made can't beat the sewing effort in this case, and, with a holiday show coming up two weeks from today, these will help boost my tablescape of products available.

2 comments:

♥Mimi♥ said...

I see that your blessing is the simple things in life and then I see your monogram work and, it, too, is simple and plain but yet it says so much, doesn't it? It represents who you are in letters taken from our alphabet. Simple, yet it says a lot.

Thanks for your post today. The simple things in life are some of the most valuable and treasured.

Ink Obsession Designs said...

These are so cute! What a fun swap!!