Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pretty In Pink and Lime Green


While surrounded by a mountain of paperwork, all I want to do is get creative.  I'm not allowed, though.  I must finish 2009 before 2011 arrives.  


Nearly there:  All papers are now organized in monthly folders and receipts in corresponding envelopes.  Look close, and you'll see Jan and Feb 2010 are already filed as well.  All that's left is to itemize the individual items in the proper accounting categories.  Won't my accountant be happy with me!!  There is just the little matter of payment that must be attached....   

Between duties, then, I want to show off the pretty Ballerina Bride garter above.   The lace is so filmy.  I'm so anxious for a real bride to choose one of the little creations I've added to the handmade fair shop. 


Oh, and a new crocheted scarf design is on my shelves.  The Shelly Scarf is designed by me -- not too difficult -- with a pattern in the works, but this one is in the shop.  I've done all the math so one can make it longer.  The scarf works up very quick, probably around 90 minutes, as I've used a large crochet hook.  Use a smaller hook and thinner yarn, and you would have a very filmy, lacy confection around the neck!  What do you think?  Isn't it great how it rolls up and looks like a rosette? 

2 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Very pretty scarf. Filing and math words in the same blog post. My head is spinning.

The Blonde Duck said...

Paperwork and filing terrfies me.