Friday, August 8, 2008

Apron Swap and TREAT BELOW

Halloween Apron Swap 2008

Here is the apron I created for the Booming Aprons "Beat The Heat / Halloween" apron swap last month. The theme could be Halloween or fall. My partner was Sarah at the gypsymermaidlife blog. We were actually partners earlier in the year for a banner swap.

Sarah wanted a Halloween theme, so after discussing some details with her, this is what I came up with. I really thought it turned out great. It's not cartoony but is definitely a Halloween apron.





I chose to have a fall style. Sarah did an excellent job sewing her first apron for me. She put such great details into the design, and I love the fall fabric. She made a nice sized potholder for me, too, and sent a very pretty recipe card with directions for some yummy Pumpkin Pie Squares.



What do you think of this new applique-embroidery design I purchased? Just the "M" here, but I have the whole alphabet, of course. I'm thinking how darling it will look on anything but especially on t-shirts appliquéed with fabrics that correspond to a skirt or pants.

Flower Applique Monogrammed Bib

Here is the flower applique embroidered out on a little bib.

Above is an outfit I made for a friend's daughter with just a letter applique. Are you making your girl a twirly skirt or ruffle-hemmed pants? Wouldn't you like a matching tee to go along to make a set? If so, here are some options to make that happen:

* If you use a fabric that can be purchased online, let me know. I'll get some of the fabric, purchase a tee in your daughter's size, embroider, and send back to you.

* You could send me a square of your fabric and a tee and just have me embroider for you.

* If this isn't the perfect thing for your project, just e-mail me and let me know what design you're looking for, and we can put something together. Especially if you are sewing for a boy, we can do as above and go with a corresponding design.

The price for the above would just depend on which direction we are taking with the design and whether or not I need to purchase the fabrics and/or t-shirt.

*** TREAT IDEA: Let's have a drawing by Tuesday evening - I'll draw a name Wednesday morning. If you are sewing for a child, comment on this idea and tell me what you are making for your son or daughter or grandchild. I'll draw a name and will buy the t-shirt and embroider a design for you to correspond with the outfit. In return, please let me have a picture of the set together so I can post and show my blog readers that this will be a really great collaboration!
.
I hope to hear from you.

No comments: