Sunday, October 12, 2008

Buttons, Buttons ....

buttons 101208
.


.... don't you want some buttons? These came out wonderful! I am so excited, and while rummaging around for cardstock in my scrapbooking supplies, I came across a pad of tags that work beautifully for display. The buttons are 1-1/8 inches with a shank on the back. You can use them as buttons, of course, but you could also run a ponytail holder through the shank and create a ponytail holder for you or your little girl. Here are some made into ponytail holders:

Kitty Cat Ponytail Holders



You can find the kitty face ponytail holders in the calicodaisy shop already made up.





There was a bit of a learning curve, though. My first batch of bees and pandas were a little bit too big for the 1-1/8 inch button covers and I thought looked a bit lost in the 1-1/2 inch button covers. So, I am making seconds of those. I have this fabric panel listed in my shop already at a discount. There wasn't enough room for me to cut out the proper circle area to cover anymore of the larger buttons. I thought someone might fussy cut around the embroidery and sort of needle-turn applique them onto a project. Later I will load the 1-1/2 inch buttons (already covered) in the shop. It's just my opinion that the design looks lost; you might think it is just right. If you already know you would like the 1-1/2 inch covered buttons, just e-mail me or comment here before I list them, so I don't have to go through the trouble of listing.

If you check out the mishflicks embroidery designs section, you will see all the new embroidery designs I have purchased recently. If there is a mini embroidery design you particularly like, please contact me, and I can make them up for you in your choice of colors and fabric. Think about initial buttons, too. I think this "Girls R Weird" font would look great on a button.

Alrighty, then. I'm going back to work, even though it's Sunday; I'm generally at church and then trying to rest on Sundays, but everyday has been full this week and Camille isn't feeling well today anyway. There are so many different things going on right now. There is plenty of housework, there are plenty of notes to transcribe, and there is an enormous amount of fabric to iron and items in the works in the studio. I've been paralyzed lately knowing what to do first and trying to divide the day up, but to no good results so far. All I can do is try again each day. I was distressed last night after a whole evening of what seemed like mistakes in the sewing room, but after my short-night's sleep, I woke up this morning with the ability to re-think the button design-size problem and solved it! So, one nice check for the day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - these are sooooo cute! Love them! Cant wait to see you at Market! We cant wait to go and are already getting nervous/excited tummys as there are only 9 sleeps to go till we board that plane! Hope you enjoy the Dudley pattern and I have just been making a couple of petunias for taking to Market! Theya re so cute =]

oliver rain said...

The bees are adorable. Take a nice deep breath and know that you will get everything done. I know you will.

Nanette Merrill said...

Michele those buttons are so clever. I'd never have thought of something like that. Its amazing what a good nights rest will do to revive the creative spirit.

em's scrapbag said...

The Hello Kitty's are so cute. Glad you figured things out this morning. Hope you have a very productive day.

Paula said...

They're all adorable, but I especially love those little panda's. Really cute!