Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pink Chalk Studio - Pencil Roll Pattern Review


The call came to do some pattern testing for Kathy at pink chalk fabrics. I was happy to try out another of her patterns. She has featured her pencil roll in the past, but she now wanted to add it as a pattern in her shop. I love shopping there!
.
pink chalk fabrics pencil roll

Kathy wanted us to read the instructions, sew out the roll, and send back any corrections or useful advice, but I forgot to do any of that! Probably because I didn't need to. I must have looked at the instructions and illustrations and read it as a picture and then just went to town and made a pretty perfect pencil roll on the first pass. Kathy had created such a well-written pattern with obvious illustrations, it was easy to follow from start to finish. The most difficult part of this project was choosing the perfect colors for the pencil pocket colorway made to coordinate with the colored pencils.
.
pink chalk studio pencil roll


So, order your pencil roll pattern from Kathy today! I understand it can be a great craft show product. Kathy gave us a detailed description of how she comes up with her price for the pencil rolls she creates on her blog at pink chalk studio. If you are interested in selling a number of items sewn from any of her patterns, be sure to check with Kathy about her cottage industry program and crediting requirements.

I made two of these pencil rolls and have one for sale in my calicodaisy etsy shop.

5 comments:

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

totally cute! I used to make these for my paint brushed when I took art classes.

The Blonde Duck said...

Those are so cute! I wish I had one in school!

Nanette Merrill said...

We've made some of those before here - my daughter and me. I got the instructions out of a book. I didn't realize it was Kathy's pattern.

jacquie said...

i love these. i think i might get the pattern and make some christmas gifts.

Anonymous said...

How creative! I've seen roll ups before but never with the background colored like this before.

This looks like something all my kids would love. Great job!