Wednesday, October 8, 2008

You + Me = TERRIFIC!

mini embroideries perfect for buttons!

Above: New mini embroidery designs that are perfect for covered buttons! -- Nanette, I was thinking of you when I chose the little bee.

Two big projects have come together over the past couple of weeks thanks to blogging and getting some exposure. One collaboration is with a blogger that many of you already know. The other is with a new acquaintance who found me through etsy. She makes children's boutique clothing and contacted me looking for someone to sew out embroidery appliques to enhance her designs. I am so excited for two reasons: 1. She chose me! 2. This is exactly what I have been hoping to do with my embroidery skills/equipment - enhance another crafter's projects. Right now, I'm on a learning curve discovering the best way to get these out, but things are moving along.

I will say no more right now until all is ready to show, but here's a little peek into what I've been doing for the children's wear designer using the cupcake applique embroideries I already have in my library:

applique 100708

Of course, her work is beautiful, handmade children's wear; I just laid the applique down on a t-shirt to give you an idea. Wait until you see the other designs she has chosen. It's all going to be so darling.

Here's more:

applique ideas 100708

Finally, these are repeats, but you can see how the projects come together.

from this to this 100708

I think of it as scrapbooking for fabric.

Your Project plus My Embellishments equals a TERRIFIC COLLABORATION!

9 comments:

jacquie said...

love that little bee!!! so do you need some kind of machine or tool to make covered buttons? (dumb question i know, but i really don't have a clue!)

Just me.....Shelly said...

those are soooo cute, michele!!! and CONGRATS on being picked!

Paula said...

I love the cupcakes!!! So sweet! Congrats....I know this is something you'll have such fun doing.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Oh Michele they are all so cute. But the bee!! Wow - how darling! You should be so proud of yourself. Good things happen. I love the bee. I've got to think of what I can do with that design!

The Blonde Duck said...

Those are so cute! How wonderful you are working together!

Stephanie said...

So cute!!! I love the acorn.

Jodie said...

Those cupcakes are so cute - they will great on kids clothes.

Chrissy said...

I love the cupcakes!! Thanks for including me in your blog. I'll have to send you pictures of finished products:)

Paula said...

Perfect Michele~ I'm so excited for you!!