Sunday, August 26, 2007

Rushing, anyone?


My time at college was the best years of my early adulthood. I loved it all, and the time there left me with great, lifelong friendships. When I was in fourth grade, I saw a movie in class, and I don't know what it would have been about, but it discussed college, living on campus, and sororities. First, I knew I wanted to go to college, but second, I wanted to be in a cool sorority! Little did I know what can come along with that.... However, the university I went to had local Greek clubs where good control was maintained over them and dues were kept at a minimum. So, until I began to hear from other friends about all that was going on in their sororities at the big schools and the cost of staying in, I really had no idea. I was just sublimely happy with my situation.


Anyway, I've always been a lover of the paraphernalia of groups, including t-shirts and bags and stickers and printed notepaper. So, when I received my embroidery machine, of course, along with monogramming everything, I was crazy to make sorority-related stuff. That excitement has passed -- it's being done plenty by everyone else. However, I still have the means to get the job done. Pictured is a bag I made for a girl in my sorority, ZX, at Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas. So, at this time of year, if you, your kids, or friends are rushing or back to the sorority and need a fun gift to give, please remember me.

1 comment:

Dallas said...

This bag reminds me of a project I have on my ToDo craft list - to make a teeshirt quilt. I belong to a camping club for owners of vintage VW buses (mine is from 1971), and when we go to a new campout, we get teeshirts with bus design or logo. I now have so many that I really want to put them into a teeshirt quilt.