Friday, January 25, 2008

Mixing Business and Pleasure With Marshmallows On Top


A LITTLE FUN - I was happy to pack up two packages today and send out my swap creations to Sarah and Jen.

Jen is my partner for the Itty Bitty Valentine Swap. After making the
1-inch inches earlier this month, this 3-inch square card felt like I had a football field to decorate. I wanted to mix my embroidery with paper art, so I embroidered out the hearts on my machine onto a strong canvas fabric. Then, I closely cut around the hearts and attached a pin back to the backside. I pinned the heart to a small square of canvas to which I then set Velcro dots to attach the canvas square to the card. Voila. It's art, and it's a pin! I sent my favorite, the chocolate heart, of course, to Jen. The other is one for my wall.




For the Hanging Heart Swap, Sarah sent me this sweet paper heart decorated with ruffles and lace.

















For my hanging heart, I went with fabric and created a little art quilt. I think it turned out cute for my first try at this idea. A little applique, a little hand embroidery, a little quilting, and some binding. I like having the grommets to string the ribbon through.

See a close up of all the swap items in the mishflicks.

A LITTLE BUSINESS - A couple posts ago, I told you I signed with Initials Inc. so I could offer more items from my home-based, home-dec and embroidery shop. When finally looking things over, I realized I actually need to send in sort of a "good-faith" order to get the ball rolling with the company so they will know I'm serious about selling the goods. I'd love it if you would check out the catalog here and see if there is something you have to have. I've also added a set of photos on mishflicks of samples and order items received. Click on the "Lovelies" set on the right of that screen.

** For the first 30 orders over $40.00 made through 02/02/2008, you'll receive one free embroidered hand towel or dishtowel from my personal line ($16.00 value). You can see samples of those in my clubbmish studio set. You can let me know what design or monogram you would like. Of course, I have more designs than what appear here. I'll remark back here if I get those 30 orders!

Upcoming reasons for gifting: Birthdays, graduations, weddings, babies, Mother's Day, kids, etc.

I love the jewelry. The Bound Circle Necklace on page 20 of the catalog is really beautiful. The silver opal drop earrings on page 18 are a hit and very hip! All monogrammed.

If you are interested in one of the Sassy Purses, "You Design It. We Create It." Here is the process:

1. Choose your bag style.
2. Choose your fabric.
3. Choose your font.
4. Choose your font thread color.
5. Choose your trim.

If you are going to a bridal shower, check out the spa bath wrap and slippers on page 17. You could make a little gift set for the bride with her new initials.

Thanks for checking this out with me. It's like a party on the blog! Please send me an e-mail if you have any questions or would like to make an order at calicodaisy (at) gmail (dot) com. Include your phone number, and I will get in touch with you. If you would like a catalog by mail, let me know as well, and I'll send you one.

Finally, I ordered some pretty postcards to send out that includes a coupon on the back. No junk mail here! If you would like to be on my postal mailing list, please send me an e-mail with your home address. Again, calicodaisy (at) gmail (dot) com.



A LITTLE PLEASURE - Okay, we've had fun, you've attended my meeting, now for a little treat to send you off. Actually, you'll have to make your own treat, but these are worth it.


WARM TOASTED MARSHMALLOW S'MORE BARS

1 pouch (1 lb, 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
3 cups milk chocolate chips (18 oz)
4-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. In large bowl, mix cookie mix and cracker crumbs. Stir in melted butter until soft dough forms. In an ungreased, 13x9-inch pan, press dough evenly. Bake 18-20 minutes or until set.

2. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Let stand 3-5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt. Spread chocolate evenly over crust.

3. Set oven control to broil. Sprinkle marshmallows over melted chocolate. Broil with top 4-5 inches from heat for 20-30 seconds or until marshmallows are toasted. (Watch closely; marshmallows will brown quickly.) Cool 10 minutes. Cut into bars. Serve warm.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the itty bitty valentines they are soo cute! the heart looks good up next to your wall color!! I am going to have to try that smore recipe I am a smore aholic! haha

Toodles-
Sarah

Crafty Mama said...

Those treats look yummy! I love fixin' up a dessert mix into something special.