Monday, February 8, 2010

A Virtually Real Quilt!

.
Look!  All the January quilt blocks have arrived for me!, me!, me! from the One Block Over virtual quilt bee.  This mosaic gives a preview of the lovely real quilt to be.  Now I have to decide sashing colors and a backing.  I believe I am going to piece another set of blocks to create a queen size quilt -- I think!  Sheesh!  Just another set of big choices and decisions ahead.  Each of the blocks above are arranged in alphabetical order by sewist.  You'll find the individual photos along with each creator's blog site at my one block over flickr set.  They are so much more beautiful in person; I'm so happy to have all this work done just for me. 
.
.
Special Announcement:  I'm a new blog mother!  This weekend, I helped my friend, Cyndi, create a new blog for herself and to introduce a line of yummy candle products she offers.  She wasn't sure what to name her blog, and I encouraged her to choose something catchy that describes her but would not peg her into just one hobby or business idea.  We came up with gingerlime glow.  "Gingerlime" because that is her favorite candle scent.  "Glow" because "gingerlime" alone as a blog name was taken already (though we couldn't find it anywhere) and the word glow conjures up a warm feeling as well as describes a candle.  I explained what little I could about page design, but she's already a bit techy, so I lent her my Blogging for Bliss so she can figure it all out and then teach me a better way of coding my pages.  Anyway, please visit Cyndi's page as time goes by and check out her candles.  The line is a lovely, long-lasting candle product and accessories.  We made a trade recently, and I chose a silvery round candle holder set with rhinestones; it reminds me of a pretty crown.  When I get my gingerlime candle set in it, I'll have to show it off here.   

2 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh, your blocks all arrived!! I love them and the colors are great. what fun! I will look forward to seeing what you do with your blocks!!
Now off to visit your "baby"!!

Nanette Merrill said...

It is good to help someone else join our world. This quilt is going to be lovely. I'm having harder and harder times deciding how to sash though. I'll be watching to see what you do.