Saturday, April 17, 2010

April - Beautiful

.
This month has been glorious to date! Windows open, refreshing cool breezes, blue, blue skies, and A TON OF WORK! On this 17th day of April, I'm exhausted, both physically and mentally, and have a fuzzy mind this morning but have to log into work in just a few minutes.

Pride & Joy!!
.
Easter Sunday was lovely, including a great church service, the same gorgeous weather, and beautiful children (see above). We found the Liberty of London dress on clearance at Target for $15.00. Only the shoulder button was missing. Amazing catch! My son was elected to the student government at his university and bought a three-piece suit for the inauguration service. He does love manly dress clothes. He sent us an article from the university paper that covered one of the meetings last week and which included the name Senator Chisholm. Fun! Proud!  
.


















When I can transcribe no more and have free time away from the spring gardening and other household projects we've been working on, I steal away to the sewing room to relax. Three bee blocks were completed this month. The first two were for the 2010 Round Robin Block Exchange. A Batik Maple Leaf for Wendy and a Rainbow block for Rene. The leaf was fun and turned out more stunning than I expected due to the batik. The rainbow block is perfect for a stash buster or to feature a fabric line. I've been collecting all the Meadowsweet pieces and wondered how to use them well. I thought I could show off small squares of each fabric in a quilt of these blocks and sash in one of the larger prints. Just a thought…
.
April Block for Jacquie - Michele
.
The last set of blocks is for Jacquie in the One Block Over Bee. I'm all hip for Red Crosses now. Great idea. She has been collecting these blocks from friends for a while, and if you go to the bee blog, scroll down a bit, you'll see a number of these blocks on her design board.

I leave you with this shot of my favorite springtime sight, my blooming dogwood in the front yard. Someday, I will have a pink one.
.
Dogwood in Bloom

3 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Perfect title for your post. you have a beautiful family! Congrats. to you son!
Love all your blocks and the tree is so pretty, I wish they would last longer!

Jami said...

Sounds like spring has sprung at your house, Michele. So glad you've got plenty of work, family time (and kudos to the man child!) and sewing time too. Poifect!
Jami

The Blonde Duck said...

It sounds like spring is being good to you!