Friday, August 29, 2008

Blog Booty!

Booty: A rich gain or prize - per Merriam-Webster Dictionary.

You know I mean blog prizes, right? I won twice this month, pretty much thanks to the same girl.

lemon tree studio freebies

Shelly of "my lily eden" has been good to me. Somehow I came across her blog and lemon tree studio etsy store a couple of months ago, and have been buying her pretty scrapbook art. When I had my open house, I bought 200 of her gift tags as a special order at the last minute, as seen above on the right, for goody bags I handed out to my guests. She made those up right away and had them here on time. Every Friday is "Freebie Friday" at her blog, and she features something new she has come up with. A couple of weeks ago, I won this little hooty owl fall set. Very pretty and full of little things that aren't pictured, like buttons and brads, etc. A nice little package for her to put together every week as a giveaway.


Last week, Shelly participated in a big blog giveaway celebration at On The Dot Creations and directed her readers over there. On-The-Dot rounded up her friends to participate and gave away more than 30 prizes. I won the earrings above. Perfect. I have had a beaded necklace for more than a year and haven't found earrings to match, and I think the turquoise here will make it a set now. The earrings were created by Dancing Moon. She has a big summer sale going on in her shop right now.

covered buttons

Camille and I have a new project together. She would really like to go on a mission trip with London City Mission next summer, and I'd like to go with her so we can stay a week or so longer and sight see and hopefully meet a couple bloggers I've come to enjoy reading. To save up for the expenses of the sightseeing portion of the trip, we decided to make the covered button ponytail holders and clips, as it is something we can do together or she can alone. I made some this morning. They are so cute and sort of addicting to make! I made both fabric covered ones and embroidered out some kitty faces. I made the ones in the middle for the embroidered covered button swap last spring, and I've been meaning to do something more formal for my etsy shop since then. Our high school mascot is the wildcat, and they use a paw for an icon, so I'm embroidering out paws in her school colors for the buttons, so she will have to sell to her schoolmates. Obviously, the sky is the limit here, as we can embroider almost any idea on fabric, including monograms. So, that's a little different than just fabric covered ones. Also, I'm not taking the shank off the button for the ponytail holders. That way they can be used as a button if desired.

3 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Another thing to add to my list! 23 year olds can wear them, right? :)

Just Me said...

wow---whatta sweetie you are! I am so honored to be a feature on your blog...so thoughtful of you!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for featuring me on your blog, you are too kind!!!
:D