Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My First Etsy Sale


Remember when I was gushing over my open house in July? Well, after opening night, I came upstairs to find that I had made my first etsy sale! That just added to my delirium through the weekend! Since the customer was from South Carolina, as am I, I just figured that she knew me, heard of me, or saw my name in a list of etsy vendors from the state. No, she said she searched etsy and picked me! Marvelous. This is the custom pillow she ordered. It went out today, and I included a little treat for her as my #1 Etsy customer. I'm happy to report that there is a #2 Etsy customer on the horizon as well. We are going back and forth on ideas for her design right now. I'm so glad I found blogland!



The pillow is a 12" x 16" size with an envelope back. See my little label on the back of the pillow? I purchased labels from FancyWeaver last month. I like them, but the fabric runs when the needle goes through. Hmmmm. I may go a different direction next time, however, they were very gracious to work with through ebay and then email, and they met the delivery date. Very affordable, too. Thanks for hearing about FancyWeaver goes to Old School Acres who always has such great ideas.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Everything you do turns out so very nicely! I owe you a real letter soon! Hugs from Emily

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Congratulations on the etsy sale! Your site is cute. Thanks for sharing!

jacquie said...

Congrats on your first sale. I'm sure there will be many to come!

Laurie said...

The pillow is beautiful!

I'm sorry the labels didn't work out better. I've only sewn them on by hand and thought it was just me causing them to run. We'll have to try out another company...if we ever run out of these!!

I owe you a phone call. Sorry I've not called before now. It's been super busy. I'll try to give you a call very soon!

Laurie
Old School Acres

The Blonde Duck said...

I love your blog! I stumbled on it through Jen's. It's always nice to find creative people! I couldn't make a pillow to save my life.