Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes …

.
This ball keeps turning faster and faster. I barely catch my breath, and it's back to work or onto whatever it is that needs doing next. 

However, it looks like everything changes again in a month. Seasons of life and the changing of the daily pattern. 
.
.
My girl graduates from high school in early June and prepares for her next adventures in life. Happily, that will still be close to home right now and she will stay with us for at least the next year. As she is our second and last and her brother is in Europe, I need her here for just awhile longer. 
.
.
My work life is busy, pretty much 24/7 right now. When I'm not working at home on the computer or in the studio, I'm getting ready to hit the road for the office at the hospital. In a few weeks, though, if all goes according to plan, a new software platform goes into effect, and I'll be working at home 100% once again, which I'm really looking forward to. Just in time, because my girl will be driving my car to college and work – if we don't get another car, and I just don't see us having another payment! So, for a little while anyway, I plan to just relish puttering away at home with no worries about being work-presentable and getting there on time and using all those freed up driving hours for much missed activities around here. 
.
.
Have you been following Pink Chalk Studios and Kathy's One Yard Wonders Sew Along? Well, this week, they are up to my project in the book, the Beach Time Towel Tote. I'm anxious to hear the reviews on my pattern writing skills. I sent Kathy a link to my towel tote set, so she and the person who sew it up know that it's much more than just a terry towel transformed into a tote bag. 
.
.
Well, that really sums me up right now. Lots of finished items have been mailed out the last couple of months. I love the big appliqué monogram (see above) for a little one's nursery, and my favorite project has been the "mr. and mrs." pillow cover set created just in time for the wedding season. 

Speaking of weddings ....  Loved it!  I would also love to have a backside view as nice as these girls do.  That's another (not so) little project I can work on when I'm spending more time at home!  Oh, to be young and lithe again! 

2 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

I have David Bowie singing in my head after your post title. Looks like life is never boring. Adult children are wonderful. Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Finding Pam said...

It is so nice to see a post from you. Congratulations to you daughter. It is a big step when they leave high school.

Love the photos of your hand made items.

The wedding was perfect in every way. I wish them many years of happiness.