Saturday, March 2, 2013

pour le bebe

.
Je suis fini ... my first knitted item following a pattern.  So sweet in a blue-gray worsted weight wool.  No baby heads around here, so my trusty candlestick with a small ball of yarn underneath will have to do.  
.
.
I spotted a small alabaster bust up on a shelf hoping the photo isn't too odd.  Link to the pattern here.  Very simple to follow - especially after watching a couple YouTube videos to learn a couple of stiches.  My favorite is how the three slipped stitches at the end of each row creates the pretty band around the face of the bonnet.  
.
.
Though I might get obsessed with this new found skill, I must put the needles away and pay attention to studio orders.  Great new ideas are pouring in, which keeps things fresh and busy.  My favorite this month is a LONG lumbar monogram pillow cover at 14 x 28 inches.  Lucky for me, a local client brought a bench over for me to create a cover, so I had a great prop stand to show off the long lumbar made with my own monogram.  This damask was a find at the mill a couple of months ago, and I just love the vintage-y look on the loose weave fabric, and the piping covered in the same fabric creates a pretty frame without taking anything away from the design.  This length will look great in front of pillow shams on the bed or, as in this case, to decorate a hall bench.    

No comments: