Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dress Form Embroidery

dress form embroidery

I'm loving this darling wire dress form design. It can be sewn out in two sizes, 2" x 6.5" and 1.25" x 3.85". I sewed a couple out on this terrific "shot cotton," and made hanging decorative pillows or pin cushions. I like to hang a cushion on the wall near my sewing machine just for threaded needles. That way, the needles don't get lost among the pins on my "working" pincushion where they generally get smushed down so far into the fabric never to appear again.

5 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

Love shot cotton. Love the dress form. So so adorable. Michele your creations are so lovely.

Kathy - Pink Chalk Studio said...

I LOVE this design, the shape of the wires really sings. You're just going to have to make more for everyone else :)

Abby and Stephanie said...

Pincushions are so very popular I've noticed. Love the dress form motif!

Regina said...

That design is so cute. It looks so nice against the solid cotton fabric.

Chris Worthy said...

This is adorable!