Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up


Graphic Leaf and Beads Bag


After I rested up from the three weeks of working outside my home office and after recovering from the trauma/drama of my son's travel experience to Germany Friday/Saturday, I can say I had a really great weekend.

First, I helped with the first indie craft fair I've ever been to. A local gal decided to arrange a craft fair like a Renegade fair. Debi isn't a crafter; she just wanted a local one to happen. She did such a fantastic job and dubbed our fair as Crafty Feast. I read about it a couple of months ago on Small Object, wrote to Debi, and asked if I could help out. i didn't want to have a table but just see the kinds of artists who would come and meet etsy vendors. Camille and I did some running and set-up work for her and then just enjoyed the day. The weather was perfect, and the vendors were wonderful. I especially wanted to meet etsy vendors, and I sure did. I'm surprised at how many live near me, including the DIL of my long-time friends. Kate has two cute little ones and knits fun hats at Tot Toppers.

I met Sarah of Small Object, and she was so nice to chat with us and let me go on about blogging and what things I've learned. We took a photo, but I don't look that marvelous in it - Camille and Sarah do, so, unless Camille photo-chops it and chops me out, I don't have the fortitude to post the picture!

There was a local vendor who sells screenprinted tees at Fox and Grapes. Really great quality tees and designs, and I bought one for Camille.



.
After the fair, I was just exhausted and pretty punchy, so I napped all afternoon and then sewed through the evening. I made this pretty purse and pouch for my shop as well as worked on other things. I was nice and relaxed, and it's another Harry Potter Weekend on the Family Channel, so that was on in the background. My kids and I can never get over the fact that I'm a 40+ lover of HP and can't get enough of it. Isn't that weird? It's the same with "You've Got Mail" and "When Harry Met Sally," etc. I never get bored with those.
.
So, it's HP4 tonight. It starts in a few minutes, and I've got one more etsy showcase to get ready for. I'm off to the studio for the evening to keep on sewing and do a little laundry while I'm there.

9 comments:

AverettLadyNana said...

So sorry your son had the flight to Germany from H...Love the bag you mad to soothe your mothering nerves. How we suffer when things aren't smooth sailing for our babies regardless of their ages.

Wendy said...

Also a HP lover at 32+... For some reason I was watching it tonight on TV instead of the DVD I already own.... and pressing quilt binding! Happy evening to you!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Great bag. Is the blue leaf fabric Jessica Jones pea pod line?

Jean said...

How great that he arrived alright!
And well just so you know... I'm a 50+ HP lover! Can't recall how old I was when the books started... but they are great... and I can't wait til July when the new movie comes out... although, I hear that they had to make the last book into 2 separate movies cause the book is soo long!
Enjoy your time... the bag is really cute!

Diann said...

Love the bags...I can identify with the mother jitters.

kristie said...

that bag is really cute - the photography is great, the green really pops against the background. i think it's etsy front page worthy!

Nanette Merrill said...

Daring bag. Love the fabric. It is hard when our kids go away.

Chris Worthy said...

OK, clearly I have been away longer than I thought! :) So glad the job is going well and so glad your son arrived safe and sound. I am going to tell my daughter about collect calls today. I am sure she has no clue.:)
This will be a wonderful, life-changing experience for him!

The Blonde Duck said...

I love that purse!