Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Shoe Lucky!

You have no idea how excited I've been to find a number of summer shoes that I love and that fit properly. It's just crazy that I have found them all in the last week! However, I snatched them up. I'm a pretty normal size at 8.5 and 9 for sandals, but I have high arches, so I can't always slip in to loafers, clogs, and slides. I have to look for ones with a bit of elastic gusseting on the sides. Some years lucky, some not.


Also, I've learned that, if I can swing it -- and even if I can't -- to buy more than one pair of a style that I love. Obviously, I'll be buying three to six more pair of sandals this summer, as seen above! Just in time, too, because last year, I didn't find any new sandals I liked, and the old ones were wearing out. The two black pair come from Kohls. Both were on sale for about $26.00, which is a great deal for the Naturalizers that I'm wearing up there. Both the black shoes come in brown as well, so I really want to pick those up.
.
The raspberry are from Walmart. I have had a lot of luck with the Walmart brand Earth Spirit. I'm not a Birkenstock-type dresser, so this shoe brand isn't always my style, but I have bought several pair from the line over the years. These raspberry sandals are so, so comfortable. Like air! The upper is soft and flexible but sturdy, and the straps are adjustable. The soles are so cushy. My store has the raspberry, a washed denim, and a tan. $25.00 and a really great deal. Too bad Walmart doesn't have layaway anymore; I'd have a few saved by for me.


Here is Fido The Cat coming up for a nosey look at what's going on and meowing for a little pet behind the ears. He's a gorgeous half-Persian man. However, in the spring, as you can see, he gets nearly plucked clean from all the birds guarding nests. He has no fear, and he means business. Thus, we find fur everywhere!

1 comment:

Nanette Merrill said...

The cat is so cute. We had one like that years back. He was so gentle and always so skinny. Love the shoes. I need to go to walmart. Those raspberry ones are calling my name.