Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wristlets and Pouches Are Flying Out Of Here!

Personalized Zip Pouch

First thing first: Recently, an "anonymous" reader left a message for me regarding basket liners. I am unable to answer because there is no link to get back to you. If you are still interested, please e-mail me at calicodaisy (at) gmail (dot) com. Thanks!

I've got my zipper pouch skills going on after the last couple of weeks. I finally mastered - I think - the trick of having both ends of the zip look nice and finished on the little pouches. Actually, I nearly put my eye out last week. The needle hit the metal fixing on the bottom end of a zip, and, can you believe?, the broken part of the needle actually hit my eye! I may need to wear work goggles now. Pretty....

A personalized pouch like the one above went out today. I adore the "Frenchy Frame" monogram, as I have named it. I have also figured out the settings on my "good" digital camera, which I've been afraid to use for over a year, and am finally able to take nice, clear, close-ups again. Aaaahhh! It feels so good not to see a blurred or yellowed photo.

Fight Like A Girl - embroidery sew out

Here is a new embroidery design I picked up recently. Fight Like A Girl! What a great slogan for cancer awareness.

Fight Like A Girl - zip pouch

At the fabric store last week, a woman held up a t-shirt with the slogan, which I had not seen yet. I googled it and found that it's pretty popular. Then, this great design crossed my path, and I used the smaller version on these pouches. The larger design would be perfect on a t-shirt or totebag.

A Bridesmaids Set

A May bride contacted me through etsy's Alchemy section a few months ago requesting personalized wristlets for all her bridesmaids and a little bag for the flower girl. I was so suprised and pleased to be asked. I ended up ordering the designer's fabric through our local bridal shop so that the bags would be an exact match, Lavender and Victorian Lilac. The little butterfly on the flower girl bag is whimsical but so lacy and delicate, too. I'll be anxious to see the wedding photos.

No comments: