Friday, May 9, 2008

Four Seasons Quilt Swap - Spring 2008 - My Prize!



The postman brought me something beautiful last week - A mini quilt from Paula as part of the Four Seasons Quilt Swap - Spring 2008. She paper pieced this and machine quilted it. The strips are so tiny! Isn't it unbelievable that someone could part with such an intricate pattern to send to a "stranger?" One can only hope that such work would land in an appreciative home. Well, this baby sure did. I told Paula that I couldn't believe how she could pick the perfect colors and theme for me, and the back was my absolute favorite style of fabric, so it's like I received a whole cloth quilt, too. I might have to hang it on something that I can turn this way and that so both sides can get their due viewing.








I so appreciate her hard work and willingness to choose a pattern requiring such time and effort. She told me her quilter friends and husband didn't want her to give it away. However, I think I convinced them that this gift has a good home and will be well cared for!


You'll have to visit Paula's blog - A Latte Quilts. She has great little stories of her daily life and a vast log of all her work.





Paula sent some extra treats to me, including this fabulous Moda charm stack. I think these intermingled with creamy-white Kona fabric charms would make a darling patchwork throw. Will I or won't I? I hope I will! Thanks Paula.

1 comment:

Paula said...

OH MY GOSH! Look at all that tiny little work. It's fantastic! You quilting ladies are so talented. I can't even begin to imagine how long something like that would take me. Eons!
I'm headed over to check out Paula's other work...