Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Come Surf With Me and Celebrate


Though I haven't been in my sewing room much the last couple of months while getting ready for the end of the school year, I have been surfing the blogs and finding loads of inspiration. You know, my first blog loves are off there to the left under the "inspiring blogs" category. However, starting at those sites, I've made a bunch of rabbit trails hopping from one blog to another and thought I would share some of my new finds with you, maybe a few each time I post to give you a chance to look around.

1. How About Orange - Fun and Informative.


2. You Can Make This - Not a blog but all kinds of great craft patterns to buy and download, some free.

3. Spoonflower - Very cool. They can print-your-own fabric for you from your graphics. Too bad I can't participate; I don't know how to do anything on PhotoShop or the like. However, Camille is taking PhotoShop at school next year, so I might set her on that path for me.

4. True Up - All Fabrics, All The Time

5. Pimp Stitch - If you know the conservative me, you know I might not love the name. However, the art is fun and all about the new wave of embroidery.
.
6. A Year of Crock Potting - Exactly what it says. This chicky cooks something in the crockpot everyday and then tells all about it.

7. Just Lilla - Lilla is the mother of my first best friend in college (lucky me, I have several BFFs). We met the very first day while moving into the dorms - in 1982! Anyway, I went home with Beth through the years but didn't get to know her mom very well - as we were always running around as college girls do. I knew Lilla was a crafter and loved antiques. A while ago, I received an e-mail from Lilla, who lives in Hawaii and is from New Zealand, and she blogs. She has also gotten some press in Somerset Magazine Altered Couture -- and Haute Bags, I think. I'm looking forward to visiting with her and Beth in October when I hopefully make it out to Houston to the International Quilt Festival.
.
If you stop by any of the blogs, leave a comment at that blog and tell them who sent you (Michele at calicodaisy). Maybe they'll take a trip over here.


CELEBRATION APPROACHING ...


My first blogiversary is nearly here! Back on June 27, 2007, I had the courage to enter the blog world and get my own started. I didn't know what I was getting into, but I have made some lovely new acquaintances here and have had a lot of fun in the swaps.

Of course, I want to do a giveaway, but I can't decide what of mine someone would really want. Would you take a look through my clubbmish studio set and leave me a suggestion as to what I might give as the gift? It has to be small enough to fit in a large envelope (maybe 11 x 13) - I learned a big lesson on gregariously sending boxes away overseas! Big Dollars! How about an embroidered pillow cover, monogrammed dishtowels, wristlet, or totebag?

If you comment here in the suggestion posting by Friday, June 20, 2008, I'll automatically count your name twice when I post the giveaway dates. Thanks for helping me choose, and tell your friends. Oh, yes, be sure to leave me your e-mail address should I need to get in touch with you.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off! CONGRATULATIONS on your first whole year! I've just gotten mine started after blog stocking for about a year! So far I can't even imagine an entire year of blogging. But it's almost there for you and you have done a great job!
As far as I'm concerned any of the above would be wonderful! so please count me in.

Oh, and congrats on the first of your kids to graduate! Congrats to you too, because we all know that it takes a (mom) family to help with that! What a nice feeling of acommplishment hmmm?
Take care!

ginger said...

Me too! Mazel tov both on your blogiversary AND the graduation!

I think everything you've done is ultra-cute but you know me...with one baby and another on the way...a bib sure sounds nice! :) hahaha!!

Here's to many more years of happy blogging!

Anonymous said...

Michele, you are just too astute. Those are not dogs tho', really B's children. Very spoiled I might add.
They do create a ruckus when I ring her, seem to know her attention is divided.
Love all you do, how do you manage it all?
aloha Lilla

Jodz said...

I think your stuff is gorgeous. What about a 1/2 apron (i don't know the proper word). You know, the ones that tie around the waist.

Chris Worthy said...

Well, I am woefully short on tote bags these days... ;)We use them for shopping, going to the pool, hauling around summer reading, etc.

Annie B said...

Hi. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Congrats on a whole 12 months blogging. Well done!

I had a look at your clubmish and it all looks fab - my fav bits were the little bibs and smocks, the flower quilt (OMG - GORGEOUS!)....

greetingarts said...

Whoo hoo, a whole year! That's so cool. Speaking from one who knows, I think your dishtowels are great, but so is everything you do. A bag, one of those zippered pouches? Those seem small enough to mail without breaking the bank...

Paula said...

I vote for the totebag since I absolutely love the bag you made for me. I use it all the time and think that everyone should have one! (or two!)

Nan said...

Congratulations on the year anniversary of blogging!

Humm... a tote with a logo of SC made with some calico and daisy fabric! LOL ;) I know, I know I was suppose to pick something from your list, not give you a new project idea..... um.. that apron with the SC logo is my favorite!

Chloe said...

I'm with Jodz.
I think a little pinny would be great and I'm sure it would fit into that size envelope.

Congratulations on your blogiversary!

sewtakeahike said...

Happy 1st blog birthday!!! This is my first time to your blog, thank-you for leaving a comment on mine so I could find my way here! I'm thinking a little wristlet would be nice?